Director of Project Management – Environmental Solutions
LOCATION: Cambridge, ON or Tulsa, OK
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Environmental Solutions North America
The Director of Project Management - Environmental Solutions provides leadership and management oversight of all domestic and international projects by monitoring and following projects from inception through field warranty while ensuring adherence to contractual requirements and required codes and standards. Managing customer communications, ensuring project profitability and schedules are key responsibilities of this position. The Director of Project Management – Environmental Solutions will ensure oversight that all projects are completed “on-time” and “on-budget” and will take preemptive and corrective actions to ensure cost, time and quality objectives are met, and will be responsible for all project delivery.There is a requirement for business travel to Innova’s offices located in Canada, Mexico and the United States.
The Director of Project Management – Environmental Solutions will report directly to the General Manager, Environmental Solutions North America. The position will have a team of approximately 10 employees comprised of Project Managers, Project Coordinator/Project Scheduler, Document Control, and Construction Project Manager.
- Adapt to dynamic stakeholder relationships; internal and external, optimizing the use of time and resources and handle a portfolio of projects simultaneously.
- Full accountability for the technical and commercial deliverables for the Project Portfolio.
- Ensure the project management model with the organization is based on best practice, encourages knowledge sharing, and focused on successful project execution.
- Continually improve our project-related processes and execution models to meet our customers’ contractual expectations, improve our financial results and minimize risks.
- Lead project reviews to drive areas of improvement for products and procedure following standard process.
- Lead a successful project kick off with team to ensure during the kick off review customer plans and specifications and designs are in compliance with scope.
- Provide customer support which may involve occasional travel to sites for coordination meetings, inspections, and project close out activities.
- Coordinate efforts for Manufacturing, Engineering, Procurement, Estimating, Quality and Sales teams to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Facilitate changes in project requests, deviations and field calls, to ensure changes comply with project specifications and code requirements.
- Coordinate subcontractors; ensure current contracts, correct pricing, and co-signed equipment arrive timely to maintain job schedule.
- Ensure project(s) maintain schedule and communicate schedule deviations to customers in a timely manner.
- Manage warranties by performing issue resolution for replacement parts and field service, negotiate warranty amount and hours as needed.
- Interact with individuals at all organizational levels to resolve internal and external customer issues.
- Applies judgment effectively in problem solving; keeps subjective information to a minimum; consults with others to make effective business decisions when necessary; utilizes broad experience and facts when decision time is limited.
- Fosters and reinforces open communication between peers and across organization; makes clear and concise oral and written estimations; actively listens to what others have to say and restates to ensure understanding.
- Sets rapport with cross functional teams and peers; builds trust by basing feedback on objective criteria rather than subjective judgment; always follows through on commitments, promises, agreements, and decisions.
- Ability to problem-solve quickly to keep the work flowing smoothly.
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people as they work.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Must have solid fundamental knowledge of formal Project Management Methodologies according to Project Management Institute (PMI) and possess a PMP certification.
- Working knowledge of fabrication processes, shop standards, quality control, costs and materials desired to maximize the effective manufacture of goods.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resources allocation, leadership, production methods and the coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to operate PC with knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software packages.
- Ability to use ERP system EPICOR, Fusion or similar.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, active listening, analytical and research skills.
- Ability to analyze and organize data and tasks.
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Construction Management or Engineering.
- Project Management training and PMP certification is required.
- 15+ years’ experience in project management environment, manufacturing or construction environment.
- Contract negotiation skills.
- Effective communication skills to present technical challenges and solutions to customers and Company Leaders.
- Bilingual English-Spanish language skills desirable. (English is the primary language used and is therefore essential.)
- Hands-on leader with the ability to motivate and empower others while offering focused leadership.
- Proven people management, leadership, written communication and presentation skills.
- ERP systems – EPICOR/Fusion;
- Advanced knowledge and use in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Primavera P6, MS Project, or equivalent project scheduling software;
We thank all interested candidates in advance, however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note there will be no provision for relocations costs offered for this position, we are looking for candidates within our operating regions.