Application Engineer – Environmental Solutions
LOCATION: Cambridge, ON
REPORTS TO: Director, Business Development and Proposals
Innova Global has an opening for an Application Engineer based in our Cambridge, Ontario office. The Application Engineer performs technical proposal development of assigned products and services for Innova Global environmental systems, primarily gas turbine auxiliary products. This is a position combining technical specification review, preliminary design, estimating and proposal development. For assigned bids and products, the Application Engineer will perform full client specification review, followed by conceptual acoustical/mechanical/structural design coordinating with internal and external resources. The Application Engineer also coordinates, and when Estimating resources advise, performs bill-of-material development and cost estimating, followed by preparation of the technical proposal.
The Application Engineer is responsible for identifying all technical risks and presenting to the Business Development Manager / Bid Leader, while also assisting in developing risk mitigation strategies.
The Application Engineer will report to the Director, Business Development and Proposals based in our Cambridge, Ontario office.
- Provide input to the assigned BD Manager / Bid Leader for development of specific bid and product strategies / technical risk mitigations;
- Perform full technical specification review for assigned bid opportunities and products, and clearly identify all technical risks, exception and clarifications;
- Review and analyze customer documents, requests for quotes, equipment, product designs to ensure concept is optimized and effective;
- Perform and coordinate conceptual equipment acoustical/mechanical/structural design utilizing internal and external resources;
- Coordinate preparation and/or prepare proposal drawings;
- Coordinate and/or prepare preliminary bill-of-materials, sub-vendor RFQ’s;
- Coordinate with estimating team and/or perform sub-vendor price reviews and/or negotiations for specific opportunities;
- Prepare detailed/accurate costing for quotes by individually analyzing each aspect of the project (compare to previous similar projects);
- Present quotes both internally and externally to explain concept and validate budget;
- Prepare technical proposals, along with identifying technical risks and developing risk mitigation measures;
- Attend project kick-offs and concept reviews to provide detailed explanation of budget/scope;
- Keep up-to-date with Innova and industry design standards, state-of-the-art product knowledge;
- Travel to client pre-bid meetings (as required).
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Technical degree from a University or College in related field;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in specification review, design and cost estimating of similar products - environmental systems, primarily gas turbine auxiliary products;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in proposal preparation;
- A strategic thinker, self-starter, high job commitment, pays attention to details, with excellent interpersonal relationship skills;
- Enjoys a fast-paced deadline driven environment;
- Candidate must be proficient in reading mechanical design drawings;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills;
- Proficient in spreadsheet, database, CAD and communication software use;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and usage of SharePoint.
We thank all interested candidates in advance, however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note there will be no provision for relocations costs offered for this position, we are looking for candidates within our operating regions.