Coordinator, Quality Assurance
LOCATION: Cambridge, ON or Tulsa, OK
REPORTS TO: Director, Quality Assurance
Innova Global has an opening for a Coordinator, Quality Assurance based in our Cambridge, Ontario or Tulsa, Oklahoma office. This role is responsible for providing support to Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing, Marketing and Field Service relating to Quality Assurance/Control functions.
The Coordinator, Quality Assurance will report to the Director, Quality Assurance based in our Tulsa, OK office.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the company’s Non-conformance & Corrective Action System. Assists with root cause and corrective action activities;
- Assists with development, collection and evaluation of performance metrics;
- Assists with the maintenance of the company’s ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System and conducts internal audits;
- Assists with evaluations of suppliers, fabricators and sub-fabricators; responsible for supplier ScoreCard development and maintenance;
- Assembles and monitors compliance records to ensure product compliance with governmental regulations;
- Collects, maintains and reviews quality records submitted by suppliers, fabricators and sub-fabricators including paint records, welding records, and dimensional inspection records;
- Assists with development of quality standards and procedures;
- Assists with development of test plans for project fabrication;
- Reviews / audits completed and in-process projects, assists in development of Lessons Learned;
- Audits packaging specification program to reduce shipping damages and maintain conformance to customer requirements;
- Assist suppliers, fabricators, sub-fabricators, local supplier quality managers, project managers, and customers with root cause corrective action and other quality related tasks;
- Collect voice of the customer data and troubleshoot quality complaints or problems, and recommend and/or implement process improvements;
- Complete Lean Six Sigma projects as assigned;
- Assists with flow down of customer specifications;
- Support quarterly warranty forecast report and performs warranty analysis in support of cost recovery negotiations with customers and vendors.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related technical field is preferred;
- Internship or one to three years of quality-related experience that includes FMEA and CAPA experience.
Technical Skills (required):
- Proficient experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) SharePoint, and data analysis;
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems and prior internal auditing experience.
Technical Skills (preferred):
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Mandarin);
- Knowledge and ability to apply Quality Engineering & Six Sigma Improvement Tools;
- Steel fabrication;
- AWS D1.1 and ASME Sections I, II, V, VIII, and IX welding codes AWS-CWI program;
- ASTM-Material Specifications, ASQC-CMI program, NBBI boiler inspector program, ASNT-NDT Test program.
Training & Certification (required):
- ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor.
Training & Certification (preferred):
- American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspection;
- ASQ Certified Quality Auditor;
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material;
- Response to customers within 2 hours of request, timely decision making & decision quality; makes good decisions quickly under tight deadlines and pressure;
- Ability to apply attention to detail and organizational skills when given a project;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
We thank all interested candidates in advance, however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note there will be no provision for relocations costs offered for this position; we are looking for candidates within the specified region.