Intermediate Project Controls Coordinator/Intermediate Project Scheduler
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
Innova Global currently has an immediate requirement for an Intermediate Project Controls Coordinator/Intermediate Project Scheduler, based in the Calgary office. The position will be responsible to assist our team with all aspects of schedule development, maintenance and communication throughout a project’s lifecycle.
The Intermediate Project Controls Coordinator/Intermediate Project Scheduler will liaise with various stakeholders including Estimating, Project Management and Construction to ensure appropriate communication is in place to accurately establish baseline vs. actuals and forecast project schedules through to close out. A critical component of change management, the Intermediate Project Controls Coordinator/Intermediate Project Scheduler will be involved in all aspects of planning and scheduling of both internal and external requests for change.
The Intermediate Project Controls Coordinator/Intermediate Project Scheduler will report to the Senior Manager, Projects and/or Director of Operations.
- Performs typical detailed Project Planning and Scheduling tasks;
- Develops/maintains logic based Project EPC schedules, progress monitoring/ analysis and report on the portfolio of small to medium range projects;
- Assists with the preparation of Monthly Progress Reports, progress profiles and any other schedule related status reports;
- Gathers timely and accurate progress data from the project teams, contractors and others associated groups (consultants, etc.);
- Maintains Change Management procedure on each project to monitor and track schedule/progress trends/changes along with the appropriate documentations and approvals;
- Gathers and reports on schedule and progress on a timely basis;
- Assists Project Managers with Project close-out initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control and close-out;
- Assists the Estimating team with Proposal schedules;
- Coordinates with Project Managers, Engineering and SCM, Construction teams, Accounting team as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of Post-Secondary Engineering Degree Program or equivalent;
- Prior experience (3-5 years) within Project Controls within the Construction Industry would be a definite asset;
- Experience/understanding of sequencing, scope of work analysis, blueprint reading and contracts/claims management would be a definite asset;
- Strong computer skills in MS Office & Primavera (P6);
- Must be able to meet continuous deadlines and able to work some overtime;
- Must be a team player: willing to continuously & proactively collaborate, share and seek information & guidance;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
We thank all interested candidates in advance, however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note there will be no provision for relocations costs offered for this position, we are looking for candidates within the specified region.