Modern Designs Improve Plenum Safety & Efficiency
Much has changed since your existing plenum was built. Today our new retrofit designs drastically reduce heat transfer making the plenum-wing-cowl-expansion joint area safer, more efficient and reliable, and easier to operate and maintain. These retrofit designs can be applied to plenums of all sizes. With hundreds in operation, we have perfected the internally lined exhaust plenum system, which took years of field research and inspections as well as visiting our customers.
INNOVA has developed plenums for all OEM turbine sizes that are both easy to install and easy to dismantle for turbine maintenance. A typical retrofit unit can be installed in one or two weeks during a schedule maintenance outage with the diffuser and turbine shaft in place. Our field splits are also fully internally lined and insulated to significantly reduce the external shell plate temperatures. This equates to a safe work environment and a product with a much long life span.
Our plenum upgrades can include plenum, wing, cowl, jacking port, radiation tubes, flex seals, and all necessary hardware. Reline kits are also available.
Key features of the exhaust plenum upgrades:
- Latest designs allow the plenum and exhaust to remain in place during normal maintenance outages/li>
- Designed to reduce outage time thereby reducing cost/li>
- More robust flange design/li>
- Better thermal design and performance/li>
- Reduced shell plate temperature to help extend the plenum life cycle/li>
- Upgraded liner design helps protect the flex seal mounting bar from heat, distortion, separation of the flanges and bent flex seals/li>
- Upgraded corner trim at wing and cowl connection/li>
- Designed for all types of operation (base load to cyclic load)