SCOPE OF WORK
- Cooler inlet and outlet silencers;
- Engine exhaust silencer, catalyst, and support steel;
- Steel framed structure;
- Acoustical wall and roof panels;
- Two (2) personnel doors;
- One (1) overhead door;
- Custom designed building ventilation;
- Two (2) 1-ton jib cranes within enclosure to allow for removal of engine components;
Freight to site and installation of all of the above components.
Colorado Oil & Gas Conservation Commission Aesthetic and Noise Control Regulation 802 - Maximum of 50 dBA at the property line or 350ft from the source, whichever is less.
One (1) CAT3608 Gas Compressor Unit
INNOVA installed a Cost-effective, Acoustic, Portable (CAP) enclosure. The CAP allows for fast erection and removal while providing the noise mitigation required to reduce the noise level at the nearby residence to acceptable levels.
The CAP enclosure included:
- INNOVA proprietary prefabricated wall and roof panels
- Cooler inlet and outlet silencers
- Custom-designed ventilation
- Engine exhaust silencer, catalyst, and support steel
UNIQUE PROJECT HURDLES
Because this was a temporary site (less than 1 year), INNOVA designed the building to control the noise problem but also to make it easy to put together and disassemble. By using a CAP enclosure Anadarko could easily remove the enclosure once the station was no longer needed and transport it for use at another site.
By installing a CAP enclosure, noise was prevented at the Frederick Compressor station’s west property line from exceeding the COGCC noise regulation of 50 dBA. It also allowed Anadarko to re-use the building at another temporary site in the future.